Just a quick glance at this year’s roster of “25 People to Watch” will demonstrate how much change is coming to the gaming industry in 2015. As usual, the list is packed with accomplished people who have already been recognized as important members of the industry, making their mark, influencing others and building constituencies.
But what makes this year’s class so different is the diversity of their talents. Whether it’s technical, political, artistic, innovative or even completely unrelated to casino gaming itself, they represent the changes that are already engulfing gaming. Online gaming is well represented, as well as marketing. Politics raises its (sometimes) ugly head, and the industry’s reach into new jurisdictions continues to grow.
Nominated by the GGB Editorial Advisory Board, these stellar representatives of the gaming industry are just the tip of the iceberg of talent in the industry, and one reason why anyone who is concerned about the future of the industry need not be. For the future of gaming is secure even if this list represents only 10 percent of the industry’s leaders. But in GGB’s opinion it’s less than one-tenth of 1 percent.
GGB’s 25 People to Watch 2015
• Susan Cartwright, Vice President of Corporate Communications, International Game Technology
• Ram Chary Chief Executive Officer, Global Cash Access
• Matt Davey, CEO, NYX Gaming
• Robert DeSalvio President, Wynn Massachusetts
• Tony Fung, Chairman, Aquis Great Barrier Reef Resort
• Andrew Goodale, Senior Director of Interactive Game Development, SG Interactive
• Eloy Inos, Governor, Northern Mariana Islands
• Andrew Klebanow Co-Founder and Partner, Global Market Advisors
• Katie Lever, General Counsel, Scientific Games Corporation
• David Lopez, President and Chief Executive Officer, AGS
• Richard Luarkie, Governor, Laguna Pueblo, New Mexico
• Michael Mathis, President and Chief Operating Officer, MGM Springfield
• Shaun McCamley, President, Grand Ho Tram Strip, Vietnam
• Eric Meyerhofer, CEO, Gamblit Gaming
• Kathryn O’Keeffe, Global Gambling Reporter, The Wall Street Journal
• Karla Perez, National Director of Gaming, Cintas Corporation
• Sara Rayme, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, American Gaming Association
• Martha Sabol, Co-Chair, Global Gaming Practice, Greenberg Traurig
• Paul Steelman, President, CEO and Founder, Steelman Partners
• Rich Sullivan CEO, Red Square Gaming
• Steven Tight President of International Development, Caesars Entertainment Corp.
• Ed Tracy, President & CEO, Sands China
• Lynn Valbuena, Chairwoman, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
• Craig Weissman, Cofounder & CTO, Duetto Research