The gaming business is exciting, if nothing else. Whether you’re a player or an employee, the game of chance is right at your fingertips. Players can become loyal and frequent customers and employees can see a way to a satisfying and productive career.
That’s the goal of the Emerging Leaders of Gaming 40 Under 40 (ELG) program produced by The Innovation Group and Global Gaming Business magazine (GGB), which originated the 40 Under 40 program nearly a decade ago. The program recognizes professionals under the age of 40 already making significant impacts in the casino gaming industry.
The honorees were selected from a diverse cross-section of professionals nominated by their peers to be recognized for their achievements within and dedication to the industry in all its forms. From operations and compliance professionals to supplier-side innovators, responsible gaming experts, and professionals driving new gaming segments, the latest class of honorees reflects an industry in evolution.
“This year’s selection process was as competitive as ever given the wide range of titles and segments represented,” says The Innovation Group President Michael Soll. “It’s an honor to help identify and showcase the remarkable individuals driving our industry into the future.”
“The quality of this year’s Emerging Leaders class is really extraordinary,” says Roger Gros, publisher of GGB. “Their accomplishments at such a young age reflect the dedication of these professionals to their craft.”
The decision to choose the honorees wasn’t easy. Over 150 nominations were received and the candidates were diverse and completely qualified.
The class of 2023 was celebrated during the Emerging Leaders of Gaming 40 Under 40 Networking Reception at last month’s Global Gaming Expo. This reception was sponsored by the Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers (AGEM), the Indian Gaming Association (IGA), and RMC Legal.
In this issue, we profile 10 of the original 40 honorees. Each subsequent month, you’ll be able to read about the other honorees until all 40 have been profiled.
Nominations for the 2024 Class of Emerging Leaders of Gaming 40 Under 40 will open in April 2023.
Emerging Leaders of Gaming 40 Under 40, Class of 2023:
- Andrea Arrigo, Director of Database Marketing, Palms Casino Resort
- Joseph Byrd, Chairman, Quapaw Nation
- Chris Calitri, Account Executive, Ainsworth Game Technology
- Marissa Coleman, Vice President, Business Development, Gaming Society
- Lloyd Danzig, Managing Partner, Sharp Alpha Advisors
- Cait DeBaun, Vice President, Strategic Communications & Responsibility, American Gaming Association
- Tommaso Di Chio, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance & Deputy General Counsel, Kambi
- Michael Donovan, Regional Vice President & General Manager – Midwest Properties, Bally’s Corporation
- Jonathan Doubilet, Managing Director & Vice President, Operations, U.S., Playtech
- Brianne Doura-Schawohl, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Doura-Schawohl Consulting, LLC
- Anamarie Ellis, Vice President of Casino Marketing and Operations, Ellis Island Casino
- Brooke Fiumara, Co-Chief Executive Officer, OPTX
- Anita Grim, Vice President, Hospitality and Labor Analytics, Caesars Entertainment
- Samantha Haggerty, Deputy Chief Compliance Officer & Regulatory Affairs Counsel, Penn Entertainment
- Dan Hannigan-Daley, Chief Executive Officer, Sports Info Solutions
- Marilyn Janssen, Vice President, Loyalty Services, Everi Holdings, Inc.
- Heather Jerrytone, Director of VIP Services, Yaamava’ Casino & Resort
- Matt Kaufman, Director, Digital and Interactive, Eilers & Krejcik Gaming, LLC
- Steve Kohon, Vice President of Game Sales, West, Bluberi Gaming
- Brian Kraft, Head of Business Development, North America, Evolution
- Robert Levine, Chief Executive Officer, ComOps
- Ryan Loveland, Chief Financial Officer, Laguna Development Corporation
- Agata Maher, Director of Marketing Operations, Pechanga Resort & Casino
- Jamie McKelvey, Deputy Attorney General, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Diego Mejia, Sales Manager, Casino and Gaming, TransAct Technologies Incorporated
- Phylicia Middleton, Director of Marketing, Galaxy Gaming
- Alexandra Milkovich, Senior Interior Designer, HBG Design
- Kyle Piasecki, Vice President of Partnerships, Playmaker
- Bradley Pieper, Director of Sales (West), AGS
- Ashley Polo, Executive Director of Brand and Database Marketing, Encore Boston Harbor
- Rob Procter, Vice President, Game Development, Light & Wonder, Inc.
- Susan Quach, Senior Director, Customer Experience, OpenBet
- Stephanie Quiles, Director of Game Development, IGT
- Mike Robbins, Technical Compliance Specialist, Digital, Gaming Laboratories International
- Nick Ryan, Vice President, Casino Marketing, Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
- Shannon Semenuk, Director of Slot Operations, Seminole Hard Rock Tampa
- Lee Terfloth, Chief Operating Officer, Out the Gate, Inc.
- Louis Trombetta, Executive Director, Florida Gaming Control Commission
- Christmas Uberuaga, Vice President, UberWins Studio, Aristocrat
- Jordan Whitten, Director of Slot Analytics, MGM Resorts International