MEI introduced the new SC Advance bill acceptor at last fall’s Global Gaming Expo. The new product is designed to drive improvements in both the player experience and operator profitability.
This is the next-generation product of the company’s Cashflow SC acceptor, of which the company has produced over a million units.
Increased value created by SC Advance is highlighted by the following enhancements:
• An improved recognition system, which provides proactive security by utilizing transmissive sensors to see all the way through notes in multiple wavelengths.
• Faster bill-to-bill speed, which upgrades the player experience and speeds up transactions to expand throughput.
• Expanded memory, which limits part numbers and submissions by allowing more notes to be recognized in a specific release of firmware.
• Comprehensive bar-code recognition, which processes bar-code coupons in all four directions and improves acceptance on multi-width currencies.
• Upgrade to USB 2.0, which speeds up communications with the host machine and even potentially expands functionality.
Because the enhancements are localized to the acceptor head, SC Advance can work hand-in-hand with legacy Cashflow SC units already in the field. This capability is facilitated by intelligent support tools that will be able to sense the product version and provide the appropriate software.
SC Advance not only is compatible with previous versions, but also with product extensions that have expanded the reach of bill acceptors from the slot machine to the entire cash management process.
For more information, call 800-345-8215 or visit www.meigroup.com.