The Corinthian Club in Glasgow, Scotland has reopened following completion of a £5.7 million refurbishment. The multi-faceted entertainment center is a joint project of gaming operator Casinos Austria International and Scottish bar and club magnate Stefan King’s G1 Group.
The Corinthian now features 14 different centers of activity throughout all five levels of the former Union Bank of Scotland building. The site was originally occupied by the 270-year-old Virginia Mansion, largely demolished in 1824 and redeveloped as the Glasgow and Ship Bank.
The ground floor has Tellers Bar & Brasserie, the bar Bootleg, a shopping boutique and casino gaming. The casino is equipped with four roulette tables, four flip-top blackjack/Three Card Poker tables, one punto banco table and one poker table. Electronic gaming options include 10 IGT Game King machines, 10 Novomatic Super Gaminator machines and 16 Inspired roulette terminals.
Although the casino is important, the emphasis of the venue is on its wider range of non-gaming entertainment options. That is in keeping with other recent European projects from Casinos Austria and with the current trend in the U.K.
The lower ground floor features the Mash & Press Rooms, two vaulted spaces serving fine wines and specialty craft beers from around the world. Also on this level is the Club, a late-night spot where Glasgow’s leading DJs can be found on Fridays and Saturdays.
The second floor houses piano bar Charlie Parker’s and four rooms suitable for private dinner parties or small meetings. Larger event and meeting rooms, for parties up to 60 people each, are located on the third and fourth floors.
Casinos Austria International CEO Paul Herzfeld said of the new venue, “The Corinthian Club is really something quite magnificent, and we are proud to be partners in this project. The refurbishment has been a true success and complements the building perfectly. Stefan King and his team at G1 are absolute professionals and have created a venue that really is second to none.”